- has never missed a practice, always on time, always prepared to swim, first one in the pool
- has a sunny disposition and uplifts others around them
- has demonstrated dedication to athletic improvement
- has elevated their daily training efforts and competition performance has showed consistent improvement
- respects other competitors and goes out of their way to congratulate fellow athletes at competition
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
- The nominees must be a registered athlete with the Guelph Synchronized Swim Club
- Nominations must be based upon the current Guelph Synchronized Swim Club season (September – May)
- Only one athlete per year will be recognized at the year-end celebration.
- The Head Coach will deliberate with other Competitive Stream coaches to assess/evaluate swimmers against criteria to determine the recipient of this award.
- The Head Coach may decide that all competitive athletes will vote (by ballot) to determine the recipient of this award.
This award was established in 2012 by Louise McIntyre, one of GSSC’s former presidents. Eligibility and selection criteria cannot be changed without discussion with the donor.