- has never missed a practice, always on time, always prepared to swim, first one in the pool
- has a sunny disposition and uplifts others around them. She shows enthusiasm towards training and competition as well as showing a dedication to the sport.
- is considerate of teammates, coaches and club members
- respects other competitors and goes out of their way to congratulate fellow athletes at competitions. This athlete demonstrates co-operation with team mates and coaches, and is always actively participating during practices.
- is excited about learning new skills and tries extremely hard to succeed and do well. Has great perseverance when overcoming new challenges.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
- The nominees must be a registered athlete with the Guelph Synchronized Swim Club.
- Nominations must be based upon the current Guelph Synchronized Swim Club season (September–May)
- Only one athlete per year will be recognized at the year-end celebration.
- The Head Coach will arrange for all competitive athletes to vote (by ballot) to determine the recipient of this award.
This award was established in 2012 by Louise McIntyre, one of GSSC’s former presidents. Eligibility and selection criteria cannot be changed without discussion with the donor.